Saturday, September 12, 2015

You are so Beautiful!

So I did not post yesterday as I have been spending my free time working on a new layout for the Hip Kit Clup DT call. Speaking of Hip Kit.... I have been wanting to join their subscription since June, after searching through a ton of kit clubs! I hope to soon subscribe to the other kits that they have, especially the color kit as I love mixed media. My intentions were to do my first official video for YouTube of me unboxing, which I did, but epic fail lol so I will keep that for my records. I have been wanting to start a YouTube channel for quite some time and after talking to Tanya Hubbard (check her out here, I love her videos as she always give me such a good laugh xx) she made me realize that even just doing it for myself, would make me eventually feel comfortable sharing with the world. So instead of doing another video I decided to jump right into the yummy goodness that I received in that box (here is the link to all that came in this month's main kit)!!

Now I have a lot of credit to give to some lovely ladies. I brought up a discussion over at FHW a few days ago about scraplifting. I wanted to know how people truly felt about people lifting their layouts. Literally everyone said it was an honor, so I now felt ok with doing some of the designs I had previously seen. A while back I had seen a layout, which for the life of my I cannot find, where someone had cut words out in a heart shape. (If you see this and it was you please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due) Someone mentioned Missy Whidden and whether it was her or not, can we just stop for one moment!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen I think I have officially found my first scrap crush... O.M.G!!! Look at her work... it screams YUMMY!!!!!

Anyway.... here is my layout using my first Hip Kit :) I often sing this song to my youngest, Symphony. She LOVES it and always runs to me and jumps in my arms wanting me to rock her while I sing.


I do not own a silhouette or Cricut so this was all done by hand. I first cut out a heart shape from a piece of paper and then lightly traced the image onto my cardstock. To get the right size letter, I placed some of my Heidi Swapp alpha's along the edge and traced them. Then when it was all done I hand cut the letters with my Xacto knife. It was a lot of work but so worth it in the end.


For this super cute bow I followed a video tutorial by Tori Bissell. My bow size is a 4x4 and her video was super easy to follow, this was after one attempt :) I love what it added to the LO. 


A lot of first's going on in this one. This was my first time doing creative lettering. My amazing husband <3 got the Faber Castell creative lettering kit for me. I was nervous as to how it would come out, but I love it. 


I wanted to finish with some stitching, but at this point my hands had enough..... So I remembered that Tanya Hubbard did some faux stitching and it was much easier on the hands. :) 


I truly enjoyed creating this layout. It is by far my absolute favorite and a perfect first page in my new album. 

xx Tiffani <3



3 comments:

  1. Love everything about this page!! A big good luck for the DT call!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Tiffani! Thank you for including me in your circle! I can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete